Today, thousands of people are looking for ways to make money blogging. While it takes time, the process is not very difficult, and there are many ways to do it. In this tutorial, we will show you how to make money blogging.
The topic of conversation about how to get money from blogs seems to have never been crushed by time. There are still many people who want to be successful as Bloggers. Now, I will share a little insight into this.
Especially in an era known as “industry 4.0”, everything is completely digital. The boundaries are getting dimmer. With the internet, space for everyone to move is much wider, so that new opportunities emerge.
Do you know how much protein costs? Hehe. With the internet, anyone can sell protein all over the world. This means that everyone can do more thanks to the internet. The only line between you and the rest of the world is the laptop screen.
You can earn dollars by working as a Blogger. What are some things a blogger can do to make money?
Important Steps at the Beginning
Before you get to the heart of learning how to make money blogging, you need to complete a few steps.
1. Choose a Niche
Having a niche means that your blog will focus on a specific interest rather than a few topics. You may be wondering why this step is necessary. Whether people stumble onto your blog via a search engine or find it out of shared interest, they stay on your blog for content.
So don’t try and write about different things. It will only adversely affect your traffic.
By being consistent, visitors will know what to expect and will continue to visit your site. They even tend to share your posts on their social media – which will add a boost to your traffic!
If you are unsure about which niche is the best fit, these tips might help:
- Pick a niche that you enjoy writing inspiration for – you will never run out of ideas when writing about something you love.
- Get to know your audience well – setting a suitable tone and diction will help you to appear more attractive to readers
- Make sure there is a large enough market for your niche – select a niche that is sought after by most people so that your blog can survive in the long term
The right niche will make money from blogs faster.
2. Choose a Domain Name
Apart from the niche, the domain name will also determine the identity of your blog. Here’s how to choose a right domain name for your blog.
The best way to choose a domain name is to make sure it matches your chosen niche. For example, if you create a blog about fashion, you will choose a name that describes your blog’s contents as a whole, such as dailyfashion.com.
A domain name with the most searched keywords will also increase your blog’s ranking in search engines.
Don’t forget to put in the time and effort to choose a domain name. If you are confused, you can use any available domain name generator to reference domain name ideas.
3. Create a Blog
Once you’ve established your niche and domain name choices, it’s time to start a blog.
You need two main things to make money blogging: web hosting and a blogging platform.
There are several types of hosting to choose from. If you are starting a blog, we recommend using our shared hosting service, as shared hosting services are the most beginner-friendly. Plus, you will get a free domain if you buy it for 12 months.
Regarding what blogging platform you should use, WordPress is the best answer. WordPress is the most popular CMS (Content Management System), which is quite difficult to learn but offers a wide range of functionality.
4. Create Interesting Content
Now that you understand how to
create a blog, and the next step is to fill it with interesting content. To keep readers feeling engaged, you need to maintain the quality and quantity of the blog posts.
It is indeed a bit complicated. That’s why we have a list of what you can do to create engaging content successfully.
- Look for inspiration – find out what kind of articles are working from your competitors’ side and create better-insightful posts.
- Find out which format works best – for example, try making a post like “How to Do Something in X Minutes.” Including well-structured titles and content is essential.
- Structure your writing properly – don’t make grammatical mistakes, align your subtitles and paragraphs, don’t write long sentences, and so on.
- Use fun visual aids – beautiful images, logo design of your blog and videos can easily attract more readers.
- Always proofread – go over your writing or seek other help for any faults.
5. Engage Your Readers
Ultimately, it is the reader who decides whether your blog is worth visiting.
So, there is a focus that you must pay attention to, which is to make your readers feel considered.
First, make them more active by adding a ‘ call-to-action ‘ to your posts. For example, invite your visitors to comment. This step will allow you to engage with blog visitors by replying to their comments – or solving any problems they have.
Another way to grab the attention of visitors is to create opinion articles. Some of your readers may disagree with your views, but that will open the door to the discussion – opening up ample audience engagement opportunities.
Getting Traffic to Your Blog
The more traffic you have, the faster you can make money blogging. There are many bloggers out there who have used several methods in attracting more readers. Follow this method to get more traffic so you can start earning money as soon as possible.
1. SEO for Gaining Organic Traffic
We’ve mentioned SEO a few times before, but what exactly is SEO? Search Engine Optimization is a practice used to get your website to appear at the top of search engine result pages.
- Site performance – how fast your site loads, are your images optimized properly, etc.
- Quality of content – the length of your article, the length of each sentence and paragraph, etc.
- Keyword distribution – your keyword density, whether you are using the most searched for keywords, etc.
- Having a well-structured site can help crawlers find all the information on your blog, especially if you have a sitemap.
- Links – when many relevant sites have your blog link loaded, the search engines will take this as a good sign and increase your ranking.
2. Paid Ads
If organic SEO isn’t giving you the traffic boost you need, why not pay for it? Using paid advertising, you can run PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns that generate large numbers of visitors to your blog!
So, how does it work? Well, it’s similar to the commercials you see on TV, but there is a slight difference. Instead of paying upfront, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad.
What’s better, no hurdles – find an ad service, sign up, and start advertising!
Here are some of the popular advertising services you can choose from.
- Google Ads – apart from your blog’s SEO ranking, you can immediately increase your ranking on Google through this advertising program.
- Facebook Paid Ads – with so many people on Facebook today, you can turn the well-known social media into your source of traffic.
- Bing Ads – why settle for sticking with one search engine? Make your blog appear on Bing, Yahoo !, as well as AOL!
- BlogAds – this advertising service allows you to target a specific target audience and show your ads on various networks (blogs and websites)
You know what people always say – the best things in life are free stuff! Give your audience some small gifts so they will start flocking to your blog.
A giveaway itself is a gift-giving in return for a quiz you give to site visitors – whether by promoting your blog, joining their e-mail newsletter, etc.
The best time for a giveaway is during holidays – like Christmas or Eid, for example. Use the event as your theme, pick a suitable gift, set some rules, and announce it on your social media. After that, all that’s left to do is pick a winner. Easy enough, right?
However, it will cost you to buy a gift. Consider these factors to maximize the traffic you will get from your giveaway :
- Only provide items related to your niche.
- You don’t want to confuse your audience, do you? Avoid giving up game console prizes on your food blog.
- Value is king
- Make sure they are worth the effort. Cheap items will not attract a lot of enthusiasts.
- Don’t make too many rules.
- Some audiences may lose interest once they see a long list of what they need to do to get a present.
- Promote, promote, and keep promoting!
- Since your blog is new, you may not have many readers yet. You have to go a step further in announcing the contest. You can use the right hashtags, share your content info on forums and contest directories, tell your friends to help post them, etc.
Giveaway is a surefire way to get traffic at a very high speed. What’s more, giveaways open up ways to engage more with your audience.
Giveaway participants may just leave after your event is over. However, you can make sure that doesn’t have to happen – follow up, create great content, engage more with visitors, etc.
How to Make Money with Your Blog in 2021
Once you’ve got enough traffic, it’s time to take on a job that can make you money!
So, how do you get money from blogs? Here are some of the best ways!
1. Google AdSense
Earlier, we mentioned paying for advertising to get traffic – now, the opposite. Placing ads on your blog is a great way to make money blogging.
Google AdSense is a PPC ( pay-per-click ) program that requires you to display ads on web pages. This is one of the most flexible methods because Google takes care of almost everything regarding advertising: which ads to show, the billing process, etc. You can also adjust the type of ad to suit your blog.
The following are the steps for placing advertisements on your blog to get money from your blog.
- Sign up for an account with Google AdSense. Fill in your information (your URL, billing address, etc.)
- Enter the verification code. Place it between the <head> and </head> of each page where you want your ad to appear. The easiest way to do this is by installing the Ad Inserter plugin. Go to Settings >> Ad Inserter, click on the General Setting symbol, go to the Header tab, and paste the code there.
- Wait for your account to be approved. The sign-up process may be fast, but it can take up to three days for Google to verify your account.
- Start creating your ad. After your account is verified, you will have access to the Adsense dashboard. Go to My Ads >> New ad unit and customize your ad – ad name, size, and type.
- Copy-paste your ad code onto your blog. You can do this manually by navigating to Appearance >> Widgets and adding Custom HTML. Place the widget anywhere and paste your code there. Alternatively, you can use the Ad Inserter plugin for that. Make sure to place your ad where your audience can see it immediately.
Now that the ad will appear on your blog, it’s time to wait for it to get enough clicks. Sooner or later, you will reach the minimum amount (USD 100) and you will be paid at the end of the month.
- The process is easy
- No further steps are required after setup
- Poor customization and placement can reduce your traffic
- It can take a while for the new blog to receive payment
2. Sponsored Content
If your blog has a lot of traffic, sponsors will want to do business with you. This is a fantastic way to make money blogging.
You are paid by your sponsor (e.g., company) to publish articles. What’s in it for the company? These articles are designed to help companies get more customers – whether in reviews, new product announcements, sales, etc.
So, who will write the articles? It depends on your agreement with your sponsor. If they want to hold you in charge of content creation, you may want to charge them more.
Let’s take a look at these steps for using sponsored content to make money blogging.
- Create analysis reports on your blog. If you expect the company to pay you, then they will expect results. Show them how well your blog is performing – page views count, bounce rate, etc.
- Offer your services to local businesses. For beginners, we recommend that you build a portfolio before offering it to large companies. Alternatively, you can find potential customers on sponsor market sites such as Cooperatize and Tomoson. Make sure to match sponsorships to your niche.
- Negotiate your prices. You can use the reports to determine your costs. Based on the numbers on your skill level, the amount of effort put into perfecting your blog design, and whether or not you are responsible for content creation.
- Publish sponsored posts. If you are in America, the law requires you to state that you write sponsored posts. Also, make sure to match the tone and style of the article with yours.
Well, the more you do this, the sooner you can pick up companies that are willing to pay more. Although you may want to wait before publishing another sponsored post – overdoing it can reduce your traffic. Sponsored content is one way to earn money from blogs that are quite popular.
- This is a more natural advertisement than AdSense
- You can gain credibility along the way
- Consecutive sponsored posts can drive your visitors away
- Deciding on a price can be difficult
3. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways to earn money from blogs.
This method is very similar to sponsored content. You only need to write articles that will benefit your partner’s business.
However, there is a slight difference – instead of a negotiated fee, you get paid by the number of clicks or sales made via an affiliate link.
Here’s how to do it:
- Choose an affiliate program. There are many popular programs such as ShareASale, eBay Partners, Shopify Affiliate Program, etc. Plus, you can also consider Hostinger’s Affiliate Program to earn a 60% commission on every sale.
- Direct your readers to click on your affiliate link . A. Write a compelling review of a product or service. The more clicks you get, the more you will get. Also, make sure to be transparent – say that this is an affiliate post. Trust plays an important role in affiliate marketing.
- Develop your e-mail newsletter. You can reach a wider audience by personally sending content to their inbox. This is an effective solution to getting lots of clicks.
- Prioritize your audience. If possible, you should try the product in person. If you don’t like it, your audience probably won’t either. Boasting low-quality products will damage your blog’s reputation.
Another thing to consider is making sure the product line fits your niche to keep your brand intact. Also, there are useful plugins that can make the whole process easy, like ThristyAffiliates and AffiliateWP.
- A fixed price for commission
- Many affiliate marketing programs are available
- Your audience isn’t guaranteed to click or buy
- It’s hard to grow a customer base
4. Amazon Affiliate
If you want to make money blogging through affiliate marketing, try one of the most popular affiliate programs – Amazon Associates.
To make money blogging, you only need to advertise products from this site using affiliate links. For every purchase made via your link, you will be charged a reference fee.
What’s interesting about this Amazon affiliate program is that each product category has different fees. If you plan to use Amazon Affiliate from the start, the best thing to do is set up your niche based on the highest fixed rate.
Additionally, Amazon Affiliate some special programs that only require signing up for a free trial to earn you a commission – Kindle Unlimited, Prime Pantry, Amazon FreeTime, and many more.
Follow these simple steps to start earning commissions from Amazon Associates.
- Register with Amazon Associates. The process is free, easy, and doesn’t take up much of your time.
- Prepare your profile. Fill in your account credentials. Click “New Customer” and enter your information such as name, address, telephone number, how you attract visitors, payment method, etc.
- Get your affiliate link. After you have successfully created your profile, find the product and click “Get Link.” You can make some of the necessary changes here – ad type, size, color, etc.
- Copy-paste the link to your blog. You can put it in the sidebar, in articles, in the header, and so on.
Amazon Affiliate is one of the best affiliate programs out there. If you want to create a review or convince a visitor to buy a product, you won’t be overwhelmed.
- Lots of product collections available
- This program is the most popular affiliate marketing
- Lower commission than other affiliate programs
- Your earnings for a product will be void if it takes the customer more than 24 hours to buy it
5. Selling Digital Products
If you have a knack for entrepreneurship, why not try to sell your product? This is a great way to make money blogging!
However, this option may take a little more effort. You have to handle many things if you choose this way – shipping, refilling, packaging, etc. However, you don’t need to worry if you are selling digital products.
Typically, selling digital products requires less staff, you won’t run out of stock, and you can ship products quickly. Isn’t it tempting?
What’s more, there are many different types of digital products you can choose from – from ebooks, photography, artwork, music to software and even online courses.
So, how do you sell digital products? Take a look at the steps below.
- Decide what to sell. Do some market research to see what sells best – and find out what price ranges. At the same time, make sure that what you are selling is your expertise or niche.
- Take advantage of suitable plugins. The WooCommerce plugin, already an expert in online commerce, will be just right for your needs.
- Start selling. Showcase your product in a compelling format like a logistical or how-to. Don’t forget to write interesting writing in the product description.
- Follow up. Create an automatic response after every purchase to request reviews and ratings from customers.
Selling digital products is a fast and hassle-free way to make money blogging. However, the difficulty may be in the production of goods. If you don’t know how to make something, consider selling someone else’s product.
Several merchants are willing to give you a discount for selling their goods, and you can increase the price – according to the conditions of each merchant. However, this is not as profitable as selling your product.
- Usually more profitable than other methods
- It can be done repeatedly
- Good quality products are hard to come by
- Being a reseller doesn’t make a lot of money
6. Membership Site
Membership sites are a pretty compelling way to get money from blogs.
Just imagine Netflix – you have to pay every month if you want to continue watching shows from this paid streaming platform.
That’s what a membership site is! Even a few sales can generate regular income for you.
What’s more, you don’t even have to worry about traffic. After the audience has paid for your services, they will visit your site regularly. Interesting right?
Also, there are various fields you can choose from for your membership blogs, such as streaming services, software subscriptions, premium forums, and more.
Making it easy – only requires a plugin and a few setups, and you’re good to go!
- Install the S2member plugin. This is a free plugin with great functionality and deep customization that will allow you to create and manage a membership site.
- Set up a membership site. From your dashboard, go to S2member -> General Options. Open each tab and make the necessary adjustments.
- Make sure everything is up to standard. Through the plugin’s interface, enter your e-mail and payment method, create the required pages, set different membership levels, and so on.
- Keep your site updated with fresh content. If not, your members can cancel their membership at any time.
Once you’ve created a membership site, make sure to invest heavily in marketing. For your users, the idea of having a monthly spend can be a huge commitment. You have to convince them that your services will be worth their investment.
- Receive a monthly income for each sale
- Visitors who always come will guarantee your traffic flow
- Creating fresh and premium content can be difficult
- Marketing will be a challenge
7. Freelance writer
After blogging for a while, you probably already have enough portfolio to get people to entrust you with projects. Freelancing is a great way to make money blogging.
Plus, there’s a huge demand for freelance writers – every business needs content to maintain its digital presence. So, try to give your best writing.
Here are the steps you can start with.
- Gather your best writing samples. Seeing is believing. A well-structured portfolio can increase your chances of getting hired.
- Set up my rental page on your blog. Make yourself known to the world that you are ready to hire. Enter some information such as your writing experience, what topics you are good at, and so on.
- Expand your opportunities. There are many ways around this – making posts on job boards, asking local businesses directly, going to forums, and much more.
- Negotiate and start writing. Specify the price, time limit, and other related conditions. Then, give your best to produce the highest quality content. Satisfied customers equal good money!
Freelance writing is a great option, especially when you love writing. However, a good reputation cannot be built in just one night. It may take a while for the company to notice you, and of course, it takes a lot of dedication to be successful.
- His job is not that different from blogging
- There are many ways to find a writing project
- It’s hard to get a good reputation
- Lots of workloads and tight deadlines
8. Online tutors
Give your audience what you know. Not only is that a noble job, but you will also expand your network.
There is no better way to engage with your readers than by showing them how to solve their problems – plus, you will get paid!
Take a look at how to start offering tutoring services on your blog.
- Install the Tutor plugin. This is the ultimate LMS (Learning Management System) plugin that will allow you to create a tutoring site without hassle.
- Set up your tutor site. Decide which subjects you want to teach, prices, and what forms of material you want to use. Using Tutor, you can enter video lessons, quizzes, progress tracking, and much more.
- Create a curriculum design. There is material for every subject and class. Make sure it’s well planned and can help students get better grades in school.
- Finalize the settings. It’s important to have every course material ready before you show it to the world. Take your time and make sure everything is up to standard.
- Launch your website. Go to relevant forums and advertise your services. Consider collaborating with other tutors to teach on your site.
It may take hard work to prepare teaching materials. However, if your course is easy to understand and covers all the bases, students will line up to learn from you. Overall, tutoring is a great way to make money blogging.
- It’s a great way to grow your network
- This provides a good flow of traffic and engagement
- Preparing the curriculum takes a long time
- Only those who are knowledgeable can do it
9. Podcast Advertising
If you feel that you are a better fit as a speaker than a writer, being a podcast advertiser will be a great fit for you.
Podcasts have several advantages over conventional writing. First, people will depend on every word they hear – without speed reading or speed reading. Second, they’ll always have time to listen to podcasts, whether they’re cooking, traveling, etc. That way, podcasts are a better alternative for advertising products.
Then, what about your income? The company will pay you for every 1,000 viewers who listen to your podcast called a CPM ( cost-per-millie ).
According to AdvertiseCast, the average CPM for podcast ads in 2019 is $ 18 for 30-second ads and $ 25 for 60-second ads.
Are you interested in podcast advertising? Follow the steps below for how to make money blogging with podcasts.
- Create your podcast portfolio a. Create lots of compelling podcasts in advance and use them to wow your potential customers.
- Announce that you are offering podcast advertising. Tell the public that you have podcast ads, ask your listeners to use your services, etc.
- Do cold pitching. If you are confident in your audience count, you can contact several companies to see if they want to advertise on your podcast.
Credibility plays an important role in podcast ads – that’s why you need to be top quality!
However, a quality podcast requires you to have excellent sound editing skills and have good quality equipment that certainly doesn’t come cheap. So, if you want to make money blogging through podcasts, you need to decide whether you don’t mind investing in inexpensive equipment.
- Podcasts are a better medium for advertising
- People can listen to podcasts anywhere, anytime
- Requires technical skills
- Good equipment will come at a cost
10. RSS Advertising
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication – bloggers use it to distribute their content to readers via a subscription service.
If you subscribe to multiple blogs, you can stay connected to their latest posts at once using the RSS reader. Sounds comfortable, right?
What’s interesting is RSS also allows you to make money from blogs through ad placements. This concept is similar to Google AdSense – you get paid for every click you make.
Follow the instructions below to make money via RSS advertising.
- Show an RSS button on your blog. This can help get more customers. The more of them you have, the more likely it is to get lots of clicks.
- Choose your ad source. You can choose to use third-party advertising programs such as Yahoo! Publisher Network or use advertisements from your affiliate marketing program.
- Enter the ad code in your feed. Usually, you will need to modify the core file to place your ad. That’s where the RSS Footer plugin comes in. It has a feature where you can put HTML code in an RSS footer.
Finally, all you need to do is keep posting, so the content and the ad will be sent to each subscriber. How? How to get money from blogs with RSS feels fun, right?
However, currently, not many people are using RSS. So, getting subscribers will be even more difficult.
- Easy to arrange
- Can reach a larger audience
- RSS has decreased in popularity
- Getting customers takes time
11. Selling Blog Content
I rarely see Bloggers do this. But in my opinion, it is possible to do. You just need to write regular articles as usual.
However, for certain super long, super-complete articles, you can lock them using a WordPress plugin. Well, visitors who want to read the article are required to pay.
Maybe the price won’t be too expensive. But if your blog visitors continue to increase, then just multiply the number. It’s not difficult anyway. You only need to make an article once, and it can be sold many times, right?
Successful Bloggers Who Make Money
So, there are quite a lot of choices for getting money from your blog so that you can generate dollars. However, the information is incomplete if it is not accompanied by the figures of the perpetrators who have successfully walked this “path”.
Below are a few of the big Blogger names that I know that they are successful at earning money and start from their writing activities on blogs consistently.
1. Neil Patel
Who doesn’t know this person? The owner of Ubersuggest’s free keyword research tool is known as one of the best SEO experts in the world. Many articles & videos discuss the latest case studies around SEO.
Of the many businesses he has been in, I know that he opened a Digital Marketing Consulting service. He opened this service because following the Neilpatel.com blog niche and in line with Neil Patel’s brand.
2. Brian Dean
In line with Neil Patel, Brian Dean is also an SEO expert who puts content quality first. Just look at Backlinko.com, which he manages every article published has a very, very deep discussion.
One of Brian’s income facts that I know is from Seothatworks.com, an online course that teaches you to increase the number of visits to your blog through blueprints compiled by Brian.
3. Syed Balkhi
Know WPBeginner.com? A super complete blog that discusses everything about Blogging, especially WordPress. Many blogs were also inspired from there. Well, Syed Balkhi is the owner of WPBeginner.
He focuses on creating plugins & software for blogging needs on WordPress. Still, in line with the niche, he is in? You can see Syed Balkhi’s “merchandise” at:
- SeedProd, a WordPress plugin, displays a Maintenance / “coming soon” page while a website is being developed.
- MonsterInsights is a plugin to display Google Analytics data on your blog dashboard.
- OptinMonster, a software to help marketers collect email databases of potential customers.
- WPForms, a WordPress plugin for creating forms, is usually used as a “contact me” form.
4. Chris Lee
The owner of the RankXL.com blog is also involved in the SEO “pool”. I am also an avid reader of his detailed and inspiring writings. There are also many case studies written frequently.
One way to make money from his blog is by selling SEO Authority online courses for $ 599. This course promises you up to 100,000 visitors per month.
The following are just a few of the many ways to make money blogging. Even so, is there anything that catches your heart?
Remember, each option has advantages and disadvantages that you should consider.
Summary of Ways to make money blogging in 2021.
- Google AdSense – it’s not that hard to set up, although it may take a while to get paid.
- Sponsored Content: This content can blend with your content to look like an ad. Do not use this method too often to avoid decreased traffic.
- Affiliate Marketing – compared to sponsored content, affiliate marketing pays you a flat fee. However, you cannot guarantee that people will buy the product you are offering.
- Amazon Affiliate – has a wide catalog but has lower rates than other affiliates.
- Digital Products – You will never run out of stock, but a good digital product will be more difficult to make
- Site Membership – even the sales that occur can regularly give you money, but creating new content takes a lot of effort.
- Freelance Writer – easy to put together a portfolio, but deadlines can be overwhelming.
- Tutor – this method allows you to collaborate with other teachers and grow your network. However, compiling materials for each lesson is certainly not easy.
- Podcast Advertising: Podcast advertising is a reliable method of earning money through advertising but requires expensive equipment and good editing skills.
- RSS Advertising – can reach a larger audience. However, currently not many are still using RSS.
- Selling Blog Content – Visitors who want to read the article are required to pay
Now is the time to try your luck with blogs. Hopefully, the discussion this time can bring inspiration to you. Happy blogging!