Sharing is Caring!
- You have less control over SEO of your blog.
- You can lose your blog anytime as Google holds the right to delete or ban any BlogSpot blog for a violation of their rules.
- BlogSpot is not accepted by many advertisement networks.
- Signup for Webhosting and domain name
- Export your BlogSpot blog
- Import BlogSpot blog to WordPress
- Setup Permalink on new WordPress Blog
- 301 redirect from Blogger to WordPress
- Import missed images from Blogger to WordPress
- final setup after migrating from BlogSpot to WordPress
How To Migrate From Blogger to WordPress: Step by step process
1. Get Hosting:
- Head over to Bluehost.com (Free domain + 60% Discount for limited time)
- Click on Get started and on the next page select basic package if you plan to host one site or plus package if you plan to build multiple sites in future.
- Traffic: You don’t want to give lots of 404 error pages to your visitors.
- 301 perma-redirection: The migration should be 301 perma-redirection or have canonical tag, else you will lose your existing search engine ranking.
- Permalinks: BlogSpot permalink and WordPress permalinks are not the same, and it’s important that you fix permalink after importing everything to WordPress.
- Some important things to keep in mind while migrating:
- After migration, don’t delete your BlogSpot blog.
- 301 permanent redirection means telling the search engine that your blog is moved to a new website, and all your traffic will automatically redirect to new domain address.
- Migrating visitors from BlogSpot to WordPress
- Migrating BlogSpot posts to WordPress
- Migrating BlogSpot Comments to WordPress
- Redirecting users to the post, rather than just homepage of new domain
- Migrate Feedburner feeds
- Migrate BlogSpot Images to WordPress
- import blogger to WordPress with images
2. Export your BlogSpot blog (Just for precaution)
- Go to plugins & disable all plugins
- Go to posts> You will see Hello World post> Delete that
- Go to Pages> You will see sample Page> Delete that
3. Using the Blogger importer Extended Plugin:
4. Change WordPress permalink to match BlogSpot permalink
- Install & activate Smart 404 plugin
- Remove the Cname record & A record from your domain DNS
- Change the Nameserver of domain to point to your hosting
- Disable mobile template from your BlogSpot dashboard
5. Fixing BlogSpot mobile redirect in WordPress:
6. Import missed images from Blogger to WordPress:
Sharing is Caring!